You will join a worldwide community of educators working to cultivate and expand the use of 3D printing in education. Because technology evolves, this curriculum was built to adapt and refresh through community input.
XtreMechanics Academy is committed to promoting 3D printing in education and bridging the gap between academia and industry. In collaboration with educators like you, we’re continually developing curriculum for universities and vocational schools as well as for research and informal study.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to
– Demonstrate knowledge of key historical factors that have shaped manufacturing over the centuries
– Explain current and emerging 3D printing applications in a variety of industries
– Describe the advantages and limitations of each 3D printing technology
– Evaluate real-life scenarios and recommend the appropriate use of 3D printing technology
– Identify opportunities to apply 3D printing technology for time and cost savings
– Discuss the economic implications of 3D printing including its impact on startup businesses and supply chains
– Design and print objects containing moving parts without assembly
– Level 3 City and Guilds certificate.